Words of Life
Updated: Jun 8
It is the Spirit Who gives life [He is the Life-giver]; the flesh conveys no benefit
whatever [there is no profit in it]. The words (truths) that I have been
speaking to you are spirit and life.
– John 6:63, AMPC
Something amazing happens when we align our voice with the voice of God. We
begin to speak His words of life. Everything in the faith realm is voice activated. God
speaks, and it is sett led, and if we speak God’s words, we should expect the manifestation of them to come forth quickly. Most things in this lifetime are temporary, but according to the Scriptures, God’s words are eternal and will last forever. “Sky and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away” (Matt hew 24:35). Learn how to agree with the Spirit, by joining your voice with His, and watch to see what happens as He gives you His divine confidence to step into the words of life that you have spoken. There are seven areas of the supernatural realm that I would like to voice-activate as we speak God’s words of life. Let’s look at them now:
1. Words of Creation. In the beginning, when God’s words were fi rst put on the historical records of time, within the deep void of nothingness, the Spirit of glory was swirling, awaiting the voice that carried the power to change everything. God spoke and
said, “Let there be light,” and as soon as He uttered those words, the entire dark Universe lit up instantly with the most glorious explosion of light! “God said, Let there
be light; and there was light” (Genesis 1:3). Everything that we see in God’s creation
initially came from nothing, and the spiritual tool that God used in the beginning to
create it is the same one He has given to every believer in Christ. Through salvation in
Jesus, you now carry the Spirit of creation within you. It is the power to create with
words of life. God has given you His Word, and with it He has given you His power.
“By faith we understand that the worlds [during the successive ages] were framed
(fashioned, put in order, and equipped for their intended purpose) by the word of
God, so that what we see was not made out of things which are visible” (Hebrews
11:3). God’s words are words of light. They bring illumination to the dark places, allowing
vision to appear where there has been no vision in the past. In this way, new
ideas are created, and space is given to actualize the divine plan. Let God give you His
words of creation.
2. Words of Healing. Every word that comes from God is a healing word. His Word
can bring healing to your relationships. His Word can bring healing in the midst of
strife and discord. His Word can bring healing to your finances and business plans.
We must listen to what the Spirit is speaking, understanding that whenever and
wherever He speaks is an opportunity to be healed. God’s Word is a healing balm
that imparts new strength, revitalization, and restoration to body parts and functions
that have been ravaged by the distresses of sickness and disease. The Word itself reminds us that the most important thing to pay attention to are the healing words of
God: “My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them
not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life
to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh” (Proverbs 4:20-22).
3. Words of Power. God’s Word is the most powerful force in the Universe when it is
believed, received, once again spoken, and acted upon. God’s spoken words carry
the ability to shift any atmosphere in an instant. His Word can easily divide between
soul and spirit (that which is soulish and that which is spiritual, something that, at
times, is not easy or even possible for the natural mind to do). This is the power of
His Word. “For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12).
4. Words of Provision. One of the aspects of God’s words of power being released
through us is that it gives us the confidence to know that we have been provided
for in an abundant way. “For His divine power has bestowed upon us all things
that [are requisite and suited] to life and godliness, through the [full, personal]
knowledge of Him Who called us by and to His own glory and excellence (virtue)”
(2 Peter 1:3). When we receive this revelation, it changes the way we speak about
our circumstances. Instead of worrying or complaining about lack and insufficiency,
we begin to speak words of provision, with thanksgiving, knowing that God is
our great Provider. ”Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every
circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with
thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God" (Philippians 4:6). One
of the ways we can speak in this way, for example, is this: Instead of saying, “I don’t
have enough,” we can boldly declare, “God, I know that You’re my Provider, and I thank
You for Your provision in this situation. I will watch and see how You will work this miracle
5. Words of Protection. There is so much comfort to be found within speaking God’s
words over our lives. We know that giving voice to God’s Word activates and releases
angels (see Psalm 103:20), but there is so much more that happens in the spiritual
realm. Speaking God’s words of protection builds a supernatural shield around our
mind and guards our hearts against enemy influence. “Every word of God is tried
and purified; He is a shield to those who trust and take refuge in Him” (Proverbs
30:5). When we speak God’s words of protection (whether it be over ourselves, our
children, our home, our finances, etc.), we are staking claim to the promises of God to
keep us and securely protect us in any and all situations of life.
6. Words of Knowledge. This is one of the gifts of the Spirit listed in the Bible: “To one is given in and through the [Holy] Spirit [the power to speak] a message of wisdom, and to another [the power to express] a word of knowledge and understanding according to the same [Holy] Spirit” (1 Corinthians 12:8). When the Spirit gives us His words of knowledge, this is supernatural insight to know and understand the will, ways, and Word of God concerning any particular situation or person. Words of knowledge come from God, but at times, should be shared with others, in order to impart helpful truth that creates a path for divine success. The Bible makes it clear that some people perish for lack of knowledge. (See Hosea 4:6.) God’s words of knowledge help us to defeat failure and allow us to stay in step with the glory. Words of knowledge are given for personal and corporate encouragement and edification, that we might grow into greater maturity and accomplish every assignment given to us by the Spirit.
7. Words of Grace. When we align our voices with the voice of God, we will begin to
impart His heartbeat to the world around us. God’s words of grace should flow beautifully from our lips to bring healing, love, peace, mercy, and comfort to those who are suffering. Recently, my wife, Janet Mills, recorded a soaking album called “Words of
Life.” On this album, she imparts the truth of God’s Word, but she does it by speaking
words of grace. As you listen to the album, you can clearly hear, feel, and receive the
grace of God washing over you. I highly encourage you to download or stream these
tracks (available everywhere on all digital music platforms). “Pleasant words are as a
honeycomb, sweet to the mind and healing to the body” (Proverbs 16:24).
by Joshua Mills
All Scripture references are taken from The Amplified Bible, Classic Edition,
copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, California.
All rights reserved. Used by permission.
Copyright © 2023—Joshua Mills